So, on my first day of unemployment I cleaned my whole house, read lots of Gone Girl, applied for five jobs and, best of all, received the Liebster Award from my sweet blogging friend, Teressa, over at Newborn Mama!
Not too shabby, huh?
The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Then the award is passed on to other bloggers in the same category to encourage one another and help spread the word! Thanks, Teressa, for thinking of me. I'm honored!
So here are the rules:
1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
2) Second, each nominated blogger must answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked.
3) The nominated blogger must then create 11 unique questions to ask bloggers they choose to nominate.
4) The nominated blogger must then nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers and link over to their blogs.
5) Bloggers must be notified of their awards!
6) No tag backs.
Ready for this? Here are 11 random things about me:
1) Christmas is my favorite holiday. In fact, if it were truly called a season I would say it's my favorite of all those, too.
2) I have one older sister, one older brother, and one younger sister. I also have a step-brother and step-sister, three brothers-in-law, and three sisters-in-law. Among all these siblings, I have a total of six nephews and eleven nieces. Sheesh!
3) I know lots of random trivia. I kill my opponents in Trivial Pursuit (and my husband is pretty bitter about it, too).
4) I have a tattoo on the back of my neck that reads "Faith" in Hebrew. Underneath, there is a light blue treble clef and cross design.
5) On that note, I played clarinet for twelve years. When I hear our Georgia Southern fight song, I still run through the fingerings in my head.
6) I've written four books. One has been published, one is with an agent right now, and two are gathering dust on my shelf.
7) My parents divorced when I was 13. Somehow, they still managed to unite together to raise us and remain friends. I hope to be just like them when I have children (save the divorce part, of course).
8) I can cry on command.
9) I love Disney movies and still watch them even if no one is around to watch them with me.
10) The place I'd like most to visit is the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. I read her diary when I was 11 and it was the reason I started writing.
11) I actually like to clean. And organize. I'm a free spirit with a Type A alter ego.
Here are Teressa's questions for me:
1) Where did you meet your husband?
At Georgia Southern. We met when he was on a date with someone else. And he found out I liked him by reading my Xanga blog. See how useful these things are? (Here's a post I wrote about this very story, if you're interested.)
2) Where did you meet Jesus?
I don't have an interesting conversion story. I was raised a believer. It's who I've always been. I wrote to God every day during my parents' divorce, and it was the only thing that kept me sane. Before I went to college, I realized I wanted to "do good" not just because I was supposed to, but because I loved Christ. It took me a long time to learn what grace really looked like (for myself and for others) but marriage has helped me understand Christ more than anything else. I think every step of life is meeting Jesus in a new way.
3) What/Who was your first blog to follow?
I think the first blog I followed was Bethany Dillon's, the singer/songwriter. You should check her out. She's fantastic (although she doesn't blog anymore).
4) Why did you start blogging?
Because I'm a compulsive confessor. And also kind of an exhibitionist. Isn't that why we love social media?!
5) What is your go-to Starbucks order?
Oh, pumpkin spice latte, all the way! Or a skinny decaf soy vanilla latte.
6) Do you have any tattoos? If so, where?
Oops. I answered this one already.
7) Where did you honeymoon?
We took a cruise to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Martin.
8) Are you currently reading any books?
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I'm reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. So good! I'm also reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter and I just finished The Fault in Our Stars. I recommend them all.
9) What goal do you have for yourself before the year ends?
Just to enjoy the holidays and indulge in this time of joy and peace. It's too easy to rush through Christmas and New Year's and then we're sad when it's all over. I refuse to rush. I want to cherish every second.
10) Do you prefer Mac or PC?
I've never been able to afford a Mac, so I've always had a PC. I love Macs, but I could really care less either way. As long as I can blog!
11) What is your favorite Scripture?
Oh, John 16:33: "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! For I have overcome the world." Such good news.
Here are my nominees:
Marianne- Love Me Bright
Christy- Living in the Promise
Chelsi- Truly Yours
Sally- Sweet Baby Roberts
Autumn- Stay Gold, Autumn
Mark Paul- Mark D. Paul
Eden- Good Old Days
Christina- Christina A. Nelson
Melissa- Lissa Rose The Blog
Chelsea- Weekly Deals from Mrs. Skeels
Bree- Beyond City Limits
(Two of these blogs have just over 200 followers. But they're so good! Forgive me.)
My questions for you lovely nominees:
1) If you could have been born in any other time period, what would it have been?
2) Pinterest or Instagram?
3) Do you speak another language?
4) What is your favorite Christmas/Hanukkah/holiday memory?
5) What did you want to be when you grew up?
6) What is your favorite board game?
7) Have you ever traveled outside the country? If so, where?
8) Boy Meets World or Full House?
9) Have you ever played any sports?
10) College football or the NFL?
11) Best concert you've ever been to?
Thanks, again, Teressa for nominating me! I can't wait to see what you guys have to say.