Sometimes- like right now- when I'm feeling very happy and life is full and satisfying, I like to think about the things that bring me joy...
(this is a habit I should probably bring into some of my darker moments, so it'll most likely make my list of resolutions for 2012)
Until then, here's a list of some of my favorite things from 2011:
- traveling to Kenya to meet and serve and love
- celebrating 3 years of marriage to Hubby
- sending out my first query letter and getting my first rejection...followed by 7 more...
- learning how to cook more than just macaroni and cheese (but a good bowl of Kraft is still one of my favorites!)
- saving money and making a financial plan
- decorating for Christmas with childlike enthusiasm
- witnessing estranged family members laugh together like old times
- learning God is bigger than my pain and He is faithful no matter what
- discovering a new love for fashion...and becoming a bit fearless about it
- going on picnics with Hubby, Bella, and, of course, Lulu
- volunteering with friends
- becoming a member of Buckhead Church
- beginning a new novel
- watching my big sister grow up and realize how truly awesome she is
- Three words: The Hunger Games
- ballerina top knots
- learning how to say "no" (and not feeling like a terrible person because of it)
- moving in with my cousin, Brittany, and living with two of my very best friends
- boyfriend cardigans
- chai tea lattes
What are some of your favorite things from this year?